The Department of English was also one of the pioneer courses set up on this same year. Thus on 18th June 1934, the Department of English was established. Over the years, it has had various luminaries such as late Mr.Martin Narayan, late G.G. Swell and the illustrious Fr. N. J. Kenny. The Department was the first to have honours at the graduate level and has a inter disciplinary approach with B.Com, B.Sc, Business Administration, B.A., Mass Communication, and Media Technologies. Another asset to the department is the presence of the Language Lab. Since then the Department have grown into a full-fledged faculty.