Striving for excellence is our way of life. Our motto tells it all : Ever More Better Ever. Pursuing our goals of excellence, we have the following roadmap for development during the coming years.
In view of starting new courses additional built-up space is required. With the introduction of PG courses, a new library will become a necessity. It is desirable to have an indoor stadium for further recreational facilities. We need accommodation facilities for participants in training programmes, seminars, workshops, etc. In view of these, the following infra-structural developments are planned.
- To construct a building for accommodating Guest Faculty from abroad on Faculty Exchange Programmes as well as support staff.
- Building a new library for the College.
- Building an Indoor stadium for the College.
- Building a Guest House to accommodate about 30 persons during training programmes, seminars and workshops
- Building flats to accommodate ten faculty members and their families
- Building a new Academic Block exclusively for PG studies.
Academic Initiatives: New Courses
St Anthony's College has been offering Graduate Course in Computer Science and Biotechnology for past 10 years. College has started M.Sc in Biotechnology in 2005. The College has started Master of Computer Applications (MCA) from 2007 to provide better career opportunities for our students and other post-graduate courses are in the waiting.
- Career Oriented Certificate courses
- M.Sc. Psychological Counselling (2 Years)
- Career Oriented Certificate Courses
- PG Diploma in Counselling (1 Year)
- PG Programme in Mass Media (2 Years)
- M.Sc. Clinical Psychology (2 Years)
Academic Initiatives : Providing Access to Information
Our College library had been computerised 10 years ago using software developed in-house. We now intend to augment the computerisation of the library and become part of the network of Universities and Colleges under the UGC. For this the College will tie up with INFLIBNET for software and resources.
Internet access is now provided to the students in the library on an hourly payment basis. We would like to popularise the use of IT even more by making it completely free for all students and staff, after a nominal amount is paid at the beginning of the year. With this we hope to provide access to other libraries, and make IT an essential component of the teaching-learning process.
- Linking our library to the network of libraries under UGC linked through INFLIBNET
- Providing Internet Access for all the students (‘almost free’)
- Major Research projects in Pisciculture, Chemistry, Biochemistry
- Minor and Major research programmes in various subjects
- Ph. D. programme in Chemistry
- Ph. D. programme in Computer Science
- Ph. D. programmes in Biotechnology, Biochemistry
In each year
- Computer literacy for rural schools through the Cyber Club of the College in collaboration with Indian Science Congress Association, Shillong Chapter
- Campus recruitment and job-placement drives and career-fairs
Collaboration with Other Institutions
- Collaboration with Foundation for Academic Excellence and Access (FAEA – funded by Ford Foundation) in providing quality education for economically disadvantaged students with handsome scholarships. St Anthony’s College is the only college selected from the North-East under the Pathways programme of FAEA.
- Collaborating with ISI, Kolkata in conducting at least one workshop every year in our College
- Collaborating with Indian Science Congress Association, Shillong Chapter in various science projects
- Collaboration with IEEE for Conferences in the College.
- Re-vitalising the College Alumni Association
- Inducting more members into the Association
- Briefing the final year students to register as members