The Women’s Cell, St. Anthony’s College was started in the month of July in the year 2009.
- The Principal, Vice Principal and some senior male teachers as advisors
- All female staff members – teaching and non-teaching
- Female student representatives from UG and PG sections
- Sensitize students on serious gender issues,
- Generate awareness of burning social issues for ensuring holistic education of students,
- Educate, empower and devise preventive measures for the prevention of gender bias and sexual harassment of students
- Panel Discussion on “Women – A Value Concept” in 2010
- A Seminar entitled “The Environment and Us – A Synergy” in 2011
- A meeting on “Women’s Health – Physical, Mental and Working Capabilities “ in 2012
Women’s Cell and Anthonians:
- We invite every student to associate with the Women’s Cell and participate whole-heartedly and willingly in the programmes organized by the Cell.
- Share your concerns about issues (gender related or otherwise) affecting you within or outside the college premises with any member of the Women’s Cell.
- We reiterate that The Women’s Cell is at the service of EACH AND EVERY student of St. Anthony’s College, Shillong