The continued endeavor of the college to innovate and progress led to the establishment of the Department of Music in 2005. This department was thus established on the 24th June 2005. The department aims to cultivate and nurture the innate love for music that is woven into the fabric of the life and culture of the people of the North Eastern Region NER. At present the college is the only institution in the entire NER offering UG honours course in music i.e. B.A. music.
Seminars, Conferences, Workshops, Talks conducted by the department form the year 2014-2018
- The Department of Music organized a Workshop on Sound for the students of the Music Department at the EDUSAT Centre with the Resource person Mr. Julius L. Basaiawmoit on 26th June 2014.
- Music Department organised a 2-day Workshop on Indian classical music entitled “Shadaj: A Workshop on the Nuances of Indian Classical Music” funded by University Grants Commission and Directorate of Arts and Culture, Government of Meghalaya in conference hall St. Anthony’s College Shillong on 6th&7th August’2015.
- A Lecture cum Demonstration on Indian Classical Music entitled “Shruti Tarang” was organized by the Department of Music on 24th November 2017. The resource person Pt. Bidyut Mishra the resource person.
- The Department of Music organized the Interaction Programme with Mr. Uwe Neumann, a renowned sitarist from Canada Montfort University on 4th April 2018.
- A Workshop on Blues music entitled BLUE STORY was organized by the International acclaimed band Soulmate in collaboration with the Department of Music at St. Anthony’s College, Shillong on the 4th August 2018 which is the 6th International Blues Music Day.
- The Department of Music organized an Interaction Session with Shri. E. W. Kharsahnoh on Music Composition and Arrangement on the 22nd November 2018.
- The Department of Music organized an Interaction Session with Gareth Bonello on Comparative Study of Wales Folk Music with Khasi Folk Music on the 28th November 2018.